Usually, when a vehicle is new, its paint is perfectly glossy. However, due to factors such as oxidation, your car’s paint might start looking dull. It might also be scratched accidentally. To ensure that your vehicle looks as good as new, you need to correct such hitches with immediate effect.
Using Americana 1000 Heavy Cut Compound you can restore your car’s showroom look. It is specially formulated to take care of the most overlooked conditions; fiberglass and gel-coat. Using this advanced cutting compound comes with a lot of benefits. We have listed some below:
- It allows you to easily wipe off your car’s surface with very little dust and zero sling.
- It has a long work cycle.
- It gives your vehicle a perfect gloss finish.
- It requires no follow up steps hence saves you time.
The method of application depends on what problem you want to fix. Applying it for scratch fixing is different from using it for paint restoration.
How to Apply Americana 1000 Heavy Cut Compound for Scratch Fixing
- Clean the car thoroughly to remove any dirt and let it dry completely.
- Get rid of any contaminants by following a decontamination process.
- Apply the cutting compound on your applicator.
- Use the applicator to rub the massive cut compound into the scratched area.
- You can apply it in a circular motion or back and forth. Ensure that you only exert minimal pressure.
- Wipe off any excess compound before it dries off.
- For better results, you can apply a second layer.
- Protect the surface with ceramic coating or any other protective coating.
How to Apply American 1000 Heavy Cut Compound to Restore Paint
- Clean the car to get rid of dirt. Besides, use a clay bar to get rid of any contaminants.
- Use a machine polisher to apply the compound on the car surface. Ensure the strokes are light but steady for uniformity.
- Get rid of any excess compound before it dries off.
- Buff with your machine polisher.
- Apply Ceramic coating or any other protective coating once done with every surface of the car.